Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tonight I worked on another project for school. :) I am so excited about some of the small things, like my duty badges. That sounds kinda funny, but I don't know what else to call them. Maybe it's just the word "duty". Duty. I don't know. Anyway, this summer at the daycare, I have probably heard a hundred times, "I want to be the line leader!" or "he/she was the line leader yesterday!". That one I have heard over the years, but "I wanted to turn the light off!" was one that surprised me. They actually argue over things like that...on a daily basis!!! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since my two fight over such silly things all the time. So, the job poster that I bought had badges on the back that can be used for each child. I copied them, colored them, laminated them, made cute little badges hung on colorful ribbon out of them, and will have them each wear one every day. Of course they will be rotated. They include things like "line leader", "light monitor" :) , "door holder", etc. I went on and on about these, just like I am doing now, to Matthew earlier, and the second that I stopped talking, he started a new conversation on a whole different subject! Maybe the kids will be as excited about them as I am.


Anyhoo... here I am again, blogging at almost 1am because I am putting off getting ready for bed. It's not the going to bed part that I am avoiding. I could fall asleep right here and now, but it's the preparation that keeps me up so late. Sounds silly, I know. If I could just go to bed, I doubt I would stay up as late as I do. However, I know that before I can get into bed, I have to go around the house and make sure that all outside doors are locked, lights and tvs are off and that the kids' doors are left open. I have to put on my jammies, remove my contacts, remove my eye makeup, wash my face, apply my step 2 & 3 skin care products and brush my teeth. My cell and Matthew's need to be on the chargers and my alarm clock set. Ok, there may be more, but just reading all of that out loud, made me realize that these are probably things that most people (at least most mothers) probably also do. And look! It's now after 1am and I am still on here! Do you want to know why?! The batteries in my wireless mouse died about 3 sentences ago, and I actually felt that it was necessary at this time of night to change them out! I hated to think that all of this rambling (yes, I ramble a lot!) was a waste of time! Ok. So, I am now off to start my nightly routine. :)

Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kristi, you crack me up. Night routines can become a bit long. Hope you got to sleep in a little.
That sounds like a really good idea about the badges. Kids will really like them. You are going to make such a good teacher. So excited for you.

Nicole King said...

The badges sound neat, but what I want to know is did you enjoy the coloring and decorating as much as a little one would?? ;o Guys just really don't get the time and energy it takes sometimes to do something. Maybe that is why they are guys and we are girls.

The night time thing is hard for me too! Although you seem a little more loyal to the face washing than I am. (I am working on that though, I just invested some $ into some Mary Kay products, so we will see)

I am glad to see you are posting a little more often. I know my comments are backwards, I never go to the last post read. I always start at the top and read down, so I hope my comments make sense. Take care and have a good week.