Friday, July 10, 2009

4 weeks 'til school

Normally, I would be dreading this. Not only is Ally now going into the 1st grade, but Noah will be starting Pre-K this fall! We are 4 weeks from this happening, and yet I am so excited!!! I'm excited about teaching! I'm sure the other will hit me as we get closer and have to get the kids ready for school, but right now, I am just ecstatic!! I finally finished cutting out all of the material for my classroom that I had laminated today. I cut some out earlier and then sat down at 7pm to finish up. Ugh!!! My hand is so sore from using the scissors for 5 straight hours! Poor me! :) Ok, I'm over it. Anyway, this week we painted the rooms, halls and bathrooms of the school , did some major cleaning and a few repairs, and now I am able to get my room ready! Yay!! It's getting there. Ally and Noah are enjoying the computers that we put in there. This was Noah's first experience with a computer. It was so funny! Yesterday, Ally and I showed him how to turn it on and when a box popped up, I told him to hit "ok". He reached up and touched the monitor where the box was at! :) I guess that's not so silly these days with all that comes out now, but it was cute to see him learning what the mouse was and how to use it to control the little arrow on the screen.

Tomorrow I plan to spend some more time with my brother, sister-in-law and nieces, while they are here visiting from Spain. I also need to get my house clean one of these days!! I really want it all clean at one time, even if it is just for a short time!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I bet you are excited. I can not believe summer is almost over. Have fun decorating your room.

Nicole King said...

I am getting excited here about school as well. We are homeschooling M, & plan on J watching the videos too. J will do some pre-k stuff also. I don't have a room but I did get the desk set up the other day. Now I am starting to take advatage of all of the back to school sales for supplies. I hope you take some pics for us of your room. I was wondering if ya'll were going to get to see the family while they were visiting. M got a small educational laptop thingy for Christmas and everyone wants to play with it. R and I are so use to computers it was strange having to teach someone how to use one. Well take care.