Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day!!  As we were getting ready for church, Ally admitted that she had planned breakfast in bed for me and was a little disappointed that I was already up and half-ready for church when she woke up.  Since we were running a little behind this morning, we decided to wait until after church to open my gift.  When we got to church, they had a 3 minute video of the kids for all of the mother's to watch as we fixed ourselves a plate of breakfast!  Since we had been running late, I waited until after Sunday school to participate in that.  It worked out well, since the first service seemed to run a little longer than usual, and we had to wait for them to finish.  We had a great service, like always, and then Matthew and the kids took me out to lunch.  On our way, the kids each gave me a craft that they had made for me at church.  After eating more than I had room for, we came home and the kids gave me a very special gift.  First of all, Ally had made me not one, but two cards!!  One had a short poem in it that she had written.  I opened my gift...2 Willow Tree figurines!  I love those and have a couple that Matthew has given me over the past few years.  Today, I was given one of a little girl and one of a little boy.  I found out that Ally had planned several days ago to go and get these for me.  She picked them out and had wrapped them.  Also, in the bottom of my gift bag, was a picture album, a bracelet and money!  :)  Ally was worried that her daddy wouldn't get her to the store in time for Mother's Day, and she wanted me to have something special for today.  So, she put some of her special things in there for me and also money from her piggy bank.  She is such a sweet, giving little girl!!  I don't deserve such a special daughter!!  For so long, all I cared to be "when I grew up", was a wife and a mom!  I just never dreamed that I would be so blessed!!!

0 comments: